Edit Key

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

We have quiet a few new members (and this is for others too) and I just wanted to let everyone know there is an EDIT KEY at the bottom of every post that you can use for corrections and additional thoughts.

By using this feature it helps prevent back to back posts and saves a little bit of space on the forum.

I know that there are times when you may not have a choice but to post back to back, example, when you're talking one on one and you need the other member to see the new information right away. In this case I'll merge the posts later on.

Thanks!

Ken

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Good reminder, thanks for this!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ken, I have a question about editing.

I had my post about my krib fry going and went back to edit the first post (after many responses) to add more pictures and change the title of the thread. I figured this would bump the thread automatically, but it did not. Also, I thought it would change the title of the thread within the section of the forum it was posted, but it didn't.

Did I make a mistake, or is this just the way it is.... x

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good morning Linda
Ken's not here but I can answer your questions. In the past members had been able to change the title of their threads. However due to some changes Mike had to make, I think this feature is not available for members any longer.
Just pm one of the mods, we'll be glad to make any title changes you want.

When a post is edited to add pictures or additional comments, it'll keep the same date as the original post not the date it was edited.

Hope that made sense.

mathas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lucy said:
In the past members had been able to change the title of their threads. However due to some changes Mike had to make, I think this feature is not available for members any longer
It's sort of available.

I tested it earlier this month in response a question Kunsthure asked, and found that I was able to change the title of a thread for up to six minutes after thread creation. When the seventh minute began, I could only edit the title of the first post in the thread, not the title of the thread itself. See

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh, that's right Mathas. I forgot about the time limit. Thanks!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks, that answered my question.....

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Lucy! Mathas!