Eco Complete

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi-- Does anyone know anything about this Eco-Complete plant substrate. It is supposed to be filled with nutrients and help with cycling, because it is shipped in water and already has some of the bacteria. Anybody know anything??? It is kinda expensive compared to regular gravel.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have Eco-Complete. Yes, it comes in a transparent liquid (called "black-water solution"). If the liquid is milky, don't buy that Eco-Complete - the liquid should be clear and transparent. It says on its package that it helps cycle the tank faster so my guess is that the liquid does contain some nitrifying bacteria. Eco-Complete is very easy to deal with - no rinsing necessary at all. You just dump it in your tank and plant the plants It may get expensive at a local fish store, but it's always cheaper online. Big Al's Online has it for $18: ... But, the shipping won't be that cheap with a 20lb item, so you probably end up paying for it about the same as from a local fish store.

I have personally seen no cloudiness from Eco-Complete or any other kinds of complications. In fact, I've planted my tank a week ago, not using CO2, and it's a low light tank - and I am already seeing plant growth.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the reply. On drsfostersmith.com it is $21.99. I know it is only a few $$ difference, but it is a difference. THANKS!!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You're welcome Sure, get it on Dr. Foster's and Smith's. Actually, now Dr. Foster & Smith have a lot of items cheaper than Big Al's Online. It used to be the other way around but for some reason a lot of prices went up on Big Al's.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom