• Depends

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

RyanC14

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The reason I'm doing this poll is because I've seen so many conflicting opinions and I'm curious about what all of you think. I personally think it's good because my amazon swords, crypts, val, and other root feeders have grown way better in it than regular sand/gravel. Also, it looks good in my opinion. Please explain your own reasoning in the comments.

Sorg67

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I put eco-complete in my 40 gallon breeder. I am not sure it was a good choice since I have since learned that it is not friendly to some bottom feeders. Not sure I would choose it again. But I do not know if it is going to make a significant difference for my plants.

CindyVBPets

Reaction score
Well it depends on the ph you have in your tap, the ph you want in your tank, and the fish you have. Nothing wrong with it. But it bounced my ph up so I got rid of it. If it's working for you, then it's fine. For YOU. :)

I went to Fluval Stratum and that was worse haha. Dropped it to 6.7 and NOTHING will adjust it but adding bottled water.

But I don't think it's good for bottom fish, for example Corys with their barbells digging.

Each substrate has their positives and negatives and all the individual variables of each person's situation will determine which one might be "best". For example the Eco is much easier to plant in than the Fluval, for one thing. So for people with a high 7-ish ph and top swimming fish it may be great.

Aquarium Coop has 3 or so videos on youtube on this subject that are really good.

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I voted for depends but i'm leaning towards No. Pretty much what CindyVBPets wrote, i've kept Corys on it and it really messed up their Barbels and I can't say the plant growth is any better than other tanks that don't have it.
I used an aquarium soil in my last tank and I'd probably use that again.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom