Eco complete or Flourite Question

1. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I have MTS and just got another 10 gallon tank. I want to breed Red Cherry Shrimp. I have gravel but my other two tanks are dirted I was thinking of a different type of substrate. Any suggestions?

2. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

For shrimp, between those two, I'd go for EcoComplete. The dark coloration will bring out the reds in the shrimp, and it's great for live plants.

3. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hello, ive fixed the thread title to reflect the names of the substrates. As June stated, i would opt for the eco complete. Best of luck.

4. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

Thanks so much. Now I don't look so dumb. I was going from memory. LOL

5. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

Where is the best place to get it? Online? But the shipping cost would kill.

6. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Some fish stores sell it. I order mine from petco online, as they don't carry it in stores.

7. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Petco sells Eco Complete.

8. EricV Fishlore VIP Member

From a coloration standpoint there is no difference as flourite is available in black.

I use flourite myself as its always worked well for me (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!) but I've also heard good things about Eco-complete.

Also keep in mind that while it is nice from an aesthetic perspective, substrate of any kind is not necessary to breed shrimp.

As for where to get your substrate you may want to look into a site like www.petsolutions.com. The prices are far better than you'll find in a store, they ship extremely quickly, and substrate qualifies for free shipping with a minimum purchase.