Eco Complete Opinions?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
wishkahryan said:
Any idea of why the people leaving the reviews having dead fish after adding the eco complete any specific things to do or just add it to the tank.
Probably because they didn't cycle their tanks. If you're trying to grow plants, use something like ADA Amazonia, Fluval Stratum, or Mr. Aqua. Eco Complete is inert from what I hear.

OP
W

wishkahryan

Crispii said:
Probably because they didn't cycle their tanks. If you're trying to grow plants, use something like ADA Amazonia, Fluval Stratum, or Mr. Aqua. Eco Complete is inert from what I hear.
Do you have any expierience with the ADA I have heard a lot of people use it I just want something that isn't going to be messy and cloud the water too much
And I definitely know how to cycle my tanks so that's not a problem just wanting to get more into the plants.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
wishkahryan said:
Do you have any expierience with the ADA I have heard a lot of people use it I just want something that isn't going to be messy and cloud the water too much
And I definitely know how to cycle my tanks so that's not a problem just wanting to get more into the plants.
Nope. Never used it. Another option is using dirt.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Eco complete is as good as common gravel. Well not really. I have it in my 90 but it added nothing for plant growth. Didn’t kill any fish though. Lots of plants yes. Took it almost 2 yrs to start working in my tank. Oh and it works best with root tabs and liquid Ferts . Common gravel works great to grow plants. Give yourself 2-3” of gravel and you should be fine.
Just starting with growing plants?

OP
W

wishkahryan

86 ssinit said:
Eco complete is as good as common gravel. Well not really. I have it in my 90 but it added nothing for plant growth. Didn’t kill any fish though. Lots of plants yes. Took it almost 2 yrs to start working in my tank. Oh and it works best with root tabs and liquid Ferts . Common gravel works great to grow plants. Give yourself 2-3” of gravel and you should be fine.
Just starting with growing plants?
Yes I have plants in my 30 gallon tank but they aren't doing very well so I was going to try doing a mostly plant tank with a few fish instead of mostly fish with some plants

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
wishkahryan said:
Yes I have plants in my 30 gallon tank but they aren't doing very well so I was going to try doing a mostly plant tank with a few fish instead of mostly fish with some plants
What type of plants do you have? And how long do you have them?

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Plants are easy to keep but have needs. Are you adding ferts? If so what types? What kind of plants and what type of lighting are you using.

OP
W

wishkahryan

Crispii said:
What type of plants do you have? And how long do you have them?
Its mostly the amazon swords that aren't doing well I have added seachem root tabs too them and it seems to do nothing they just stay super small I have also tried multiple kinds of liquid ferts from seachem and API my anubias seems to grow fine and the java fern does fine too

86 ssinit said:
Plants are easy to keep but have needs. Are you adding ferts? If so what types? What kind of plants and what type of lighting are you using.
I have been adding seachem root tabs to the amazon swords but it seems to do nothing ive also tried dosing npk and trace and iron my light is an odysea dual t5 6500k that's 30 inches long

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Ok amazon swords will still grow even in lower lighting. How old is the light and the bulbs? Fluorescent bulbs are only good for about 6-8 months than they lose their brilliance.
How often do you add root tabs and liquid ferts.

OP
W

wishkahryan

86 ssinit said:
Ok amazon swords will still grow even in lower lighting. How old is the light and the bulbs? Fluorescent bulbs are only good for about 6-8 months than they lose their brilliance.
The light is only a couple months old. And I put root tabs in every couple weeks and dose liquid weekly

86 ssinit said:
May be your lighting. Anubias and java fern do good in low light. Are they tied to driftwood or other stuff in the tank?
The anubias and java fern are both attatched to driftwood

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
86 ssinit said:
I just used old aquarium LED light. Never used liquid ferts, but I usually add in 3-4 tabs.

OP
W

wishkahryan

Crispii said:
I just used old aquarium LED light. Never used liquid ferts, but I usually add in 3-4 tabs.
Maby its just me I see people use sand and have plants growing out of the tanks or maby I'm just trying too hard

New Threads