Eco Complete Gravel

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by OneLittleBubble, May 16, 2018.

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubbleWell Known MemberMember

I bought some eco complete gravel for my 55 gallon planted tank and have a few questions about it.
    -Do I have to rinse it?
    -Do I need a fertilizer?
    -Will Prime detoxify the nutrients from it?

2. Sarah73

Sarah73Fishlore VIPMember

No don't rinse it. there is BB in the gravel that is added. you can add plant fertiluzer, but it's what yiu want. and no prime wont hurt your nutruients.

3. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

No, try not to rinse it. I use that too, along with a Flourite black mix, and the "liquid" it's actually saturated in, has a TON of heterotrophic bacteria within it. If you rinse it, you'll nerf it's intended purpose drastically!

4. -Mak-

-Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

5. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

How much of a tab would i need for one plant. I have 2 java fern and 1 lace plant.

6. -Mak-

-Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

Java ferns are not planted in substrate, so just one for the lace plant every couple months :)

7. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

image.jpegimage.jpeg Oh I put the fern inside the substrate is that bad? :O

8. -Mak-

-Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

Yeah, best remove it and tie it to a rock or wood. The rhizome rots if buried.

9. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

At the pet store they had them in substrate they told me to keep that part out of water. How do I locate it? And I have this really ugly one I don't know where the roots are.

10. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

At the pet store they had them in substrate they told me to keep that part out of water. How do I locate it? And I have this really ugly one I don't know where the roots are.

11. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

image.jpg This one

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice