Eco Complete Gravel

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

I bought some eco complete gravel for my 55 gallon planted tank and have a few questions about it.
    -Do I have to rinse it?
    -Do I need a fertilizer?
    -Will Prime detoxify the nutrients from it?

2. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

No don't rinse it. there is BB in the gravel that is added. you can add plant fertiluzer, but it's what yiu want. and no prime wont hurt your nutruients.

3. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

No, try not to rinse it. I use that too, along with a Flourite black mix, and the "liquid" it's actually saturated in, has a TON of heterotrophic bacteria within it. If you rinse it, you'll nerf it's intended purpose drastically!

4. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

How much of a tab would i need for one plant. I have 2 java fern and 1 lace plant.

6. -Mak-

Java ferns are not planted in substrate, so just one for the lace plant every couple months :)

7. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

image.jpeg image.jpeg Oh I put the fern inside the substrate is that bad? :O

8. -Mak-

Yeah, best remove it and tie it to a rock or wood. The rhizome rots if buried.

9. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

At the pet store they had them in substrate they told me to keep that part out of water. How do I locate it? And I have this really ugly one I don't know where the roots are.

10. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

At the pet store they had them in substrate they told me to keep that part out of water. How do I locate it? And I have this really ugly one I don't know where the roots are.

11. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

image.jpg This one