Eco-Complete Cichlid

1. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

I was looking at the product Eco-Complete Cichlid and had a few questions.

Since my ph is at about 6.4, will the Eco-Complete raise it too fast so my fish go into shock? Also how much is needed for a ph of around 7.5? Should I remove my pea gravel and just use that or can that go in with the pea gravel?

:;thx

2. Regal Well Known Member Member

3. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

yes it is (even though the ph is low in all my other tank too)

i have done water change but the ph remains the same or get to around 6.8 then goes back down to 6.4-6.5

EDIT: I just noticed a thread below mine that talks about the same info. Sry for not looking before. D'oh!

4. Regal Well Known Member Member

Maybe you could put some crushed coral in a filter bag and put it in your filter. I was having trouble with my ph going too low but the crushed coral is working perfectly. Cichlid substrate is more for African Cichlids. Convicts need water with a ph of 7-8. I was assuming they needed a lower ph but that's what the fishlore convict info says. I just wonder if you are going to end up with a tank perfectly suited for Africans with a really high ph.

I don't have experience with Convicts but maybe someone else can help...

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

cons do fine in the higher ph..i have a few in there ;)
    and ecco complete or crushed coral, raises it gradually..it wont happen over night and it allows the fish to adapt...

6. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

thanks. i found some coral i can put in there.

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

coral will take longer....and its got to be quite a bit to make a difference..but wishing you well!

8. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

thanks Shawnie.