Eco-complete and cory cats

junhong

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I will be setting up a new planted tank in a month or so, am researching to get it as right as possible. I had tropicals as a kid, no problem never changed water as 65 years ago "aged water was best", also gave up a 55 gallon reef tank last year got to be too much work for an old duffer like me.
It will be 15gal w/visitherm 75w heater, aquaclear30 filter and Eco-complete substrate. Stock would be 7 neons, 5 white clouds, maybe a pair of guppies and one or two cory cats. Plants Amazon sword and Vals.
I'm reading now that cory cats don't do too well with this type of substrate, tends to be rough on their whiskers and undersides. Asked Drs Foster and Smith got two exact opposite replies, one it's OK the other said No. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.
Nels

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fishlore Nels!

Cories will be fine in Eco Complete planted tank substrate. You just want to avoid a substrate that has sharp edges. The Eco complete is round so it will be fine. I'd get a few more Cories though. They like to be in groups.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cories are fine with Eco-Complete planted tank substrate. I & many people I know have Cories with Eco-Complete & have never had any issues what so ever with barbel injury or anything else. My Cories love fossicking around in it.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads