Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Eco Bricks Decor 100% Lava Rock

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by RangersWillReturn, May 22, 2019.

1. RangersWillReturn Valued Member Member

Does anybody have any experiences with this and if so what is the verdict? looks interesting but not sure I want to buy enough for my 240L tank until I see some proof it actually works. (6 rocks per 80L of water needed apparently.)

here's the link...

2. Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I heard about a similar product that some members here said weren't necessary for shrimp.

@richie.p have any ideas?

3. richie.p Well Known Member Member

Not on this this one I've just read up on it and have mixed thoughts is says less water changes so are they saying it puts minerals back in (dont think do,) its larva rock at the end of the day and that to me is something I'd put in a filter for beneficial bacteria or it's also used in biorb tanks but at that price I'll stick to my Biohome media

4. RangersWillReturn Valued Member Member

Yeah ita pretty pricy expecially when you have larger tank.

Seems too good to be true. Too much positives and not enough proof imo

5. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

If it really is lava rock, it is not porous at all. Lava rock is not that good.

Here too.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  6. richie.p Well Known Member Member

I've seen that video before it's very informative

7. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

Agree... once your start digging there are a lot of myths out there.

8. Thedudeiam94 Valued Member Member

This is what made me want matrix for my tank! Good info! Thankfully there was someone out there who took the time out to make this video!

9. richie.p Well Known Member Member

I dont know if you've seen the porous test done and it's so simple, put some ich med in the top cap then the media you want to test just put the tip into it and the more porous it is the quicker you get blue fingers, iv not tried it on matrix but it surely shoots up the Biohome media

10. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

And did they break the Biohome in half to see if it went inside or just the outside? Just a thought... most likely it did...

11. richie.p Well Known Member Member

Yes he did break it in half and 100% coverage

12. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

Great.