Eco-bio Stone/ Block? Opinions?

BettyRocker13

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just came across this product online. I'm intrigued. I don't know anyone with an established tank to "borrow" bacteria from to get my cycle moving so I'm curious, any of you try this before?

If so, what did you think? Pros? Cons? TIA

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have one of those, sitting in a cabinet unused. I've never heard of anyone using them before so I guess I'm reluctant to try it.

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BettyRocker13 said:
Just came across this product online. I'm intrigued. I don't know anyone with an established tank to "borrow" bacteria from to get my cycle moving so I'm curious, any of you try this before?

If so, what did you think? Pros? Cons? TIA
The fact that volcanic rock has pores in it does give bacteria a place to hang out, but so do sponges and filter cartridges. They also offer a cube that is seeded with beneficial bacteria already. You can buy those same probiotics at the pet shop. They all have the same question as the probiotics we buy for ourselves in the vitamin section at the local pharmacy. How many of those bacteria are alive after a certain amount of time on a shelf? You would probably do just as well buying a bottle of beneficial bacteria from the pet shop and gamble on how much good it does.

BettyRocker13

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Here is a link for the product. I read some online reviews but wanted to ask here where I could get a more valuable opinion

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom