EBJD tank mates

Tallen78

So I have these 4 ebjd s all about 1” they are in a 55g alone at the moment was wondering what I can add to this tank maybe one or two was thinking some sort of cat fish that doesn’t grow to big to fast any suggestions

NoahLikesFish

I wouldn’t add any fish, Jack dempseys get big and aggressive having 4 together isn’t a good idea

Upvote 0

Tallen78

I wouldn’t add any fish, Jack dempseys get big and aggressive having 4 together isn’t a good idea
The 55 is just a grow out they will end up in a 165 when they start to out grow their home now and yes they are aggressive as soon as they hit the water they went after the shrimp that are also living with them

Upvote 0

waterpat

Other catfish to look at might be the Synodontis group. I'm sure someone will hate the idea of mixing an African catfish with your JD, but Synodontis can be great for cichlid tanks.

Upvote 0

NoahLikesFish

There’s South American synodontis, I think the Raphael is synodontis. I would try other large chiclids and return 2 EBJD and have 2 in the big tank and don’t add anything to the smaller tank until the JD move put

Upvote 0

waterpat

There’s South American synodontis, I think the Raphael is synodontis.

Raphael cat is an Amazon catfish, from a different genus, and even a different family than what Synodontis is in.

What Synodontis are in SA? I'm pretty sure they're all African.

Upvote 0

Tallen78

I
There’s South American synodontis, I think the Raphael is synodontis. I would try other large chiclids and return 2 EBJD and have 2 in the big tank and don’t add anything to the smaller tank until the JD move put
only grabbed the 4 in hopes I have both sex to maybe do some breeding in the future and wanted the tank to be a species only but with something cool doing some bottom feeding and clean up

Upvote 0

Tallen78

Pictus catfish
These are cool do u keep them ? My tank is at 80-82 can these cats thrive in that warmer water ?

Upvote 0

Dippiedee

These are cool do u keep them ? My tank is at 80-82 can these cats thrive in that warmer water ?

Yep I have 4 in my cichlid tank and I have a EBJD in there too. The pictus are so fun to watch, they're extremely active and quite comical at times. One of mine has a cave that he sits in the entrance of and guards all day. They are enthusiastic eaters too. Yeah that temperature range should be fine

Edit: I'd show you pictures but they're way too fast to photograph lol

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tup
  • Question
Replies
Views
jpm995
  • Question
Replies