Eba Was Attacked By Jd Help

1. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

This morning he just had the open sore on his face and during the course of the afternoon, developed one cloudy eye! What can I treat him with? The JD has since been rehomed.

2. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Poor guy. It looks like a bacterial infection. Do you have any antibiotics?

3. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

I have API general cure and prazipro but can pretty much get anything needed, my lfs is well stocked with meds..I just don't know where to start!

4. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I don't wait to steer you in the wrong direction, I'm not all that good at diagnostics. Usually when its an injury it gets infected.

5. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

I figured...I appreciate the support regardless :) he's still very active and interacts with me despite how beat he looks.

6. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I'm not very knowledgeable in this area but I know pristine water was mentioned in your other thread and I'd agree to start there. Have you done a water change for him yet? I'm pulling for you and Sully.

7. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

You know I've been beat up a few times and have always looked worse then I felt. Hopefully its the same with sully. Agree with pristine water. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

8. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks guys :) yes, his QT is fresh and I will keep up with the water changes!

9. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

How is Sully doing?

10. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

He's doing a little better! Thanks for asking :)

His cloudy eye is disappearing and he remains in good spirits. His wound still looks the same but I'm glad that he doesn't seem to declining. I'll post a photo when his lights are back on, don't want to disturb him now!

11. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

I think your doing fine with Sully, a few weeks in QT so he can heal up is all you can do at this point.

12. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you for the encouragement :) I've never dealt with something lke this before so I'm feeling a little unsure of myself.

13. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Glad to know he's doing better! The fact that he seems in good spirits is definitely encouraging!

14. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

Well his cloudy eye is almost clear today but his wound looks fungused over, but less red:
    06dde4e73eccf4164a5c677365e9240b.jpg
    0da6ea850248a6db89e47c2ef7f7ee2b.jpg

Think its time to whip out the meds :/

15. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Does it got that white cotton like fuzz on it?

16. AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

Do you have methylene blue? I would start with daily or twice daily baths in that. You can mix it up using removed tank water, using something like a (fish safe) Tupperware with a lid, and store it for next time. It has wonderful antibacterial properties and works kinda like a sedative, keeping them calm in the bath. I would think this is just preventing an infection though. I da looks like healing, like a scab? I'm no expert, just throwing out an idea.
    If you don't have meth blue you can use betta revive instead.

17. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

Oh yeah, big time :(
    I have never used meth blue before but I will definitely look into it when I get back from traveling! It definitely does not look scab like, its more like cotton candy :(

18. Geoff Well Known Member Member

Poor little guy. Pulling for a speedy recovery! And you hang in there too.

19. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Methylene blue is a very good anti fungal med. Breeders use it to prevent unfertilized eggs from developing fungus and chocking all the viable eggs. If you check the ingredients is some of the meds Walmart has Methylene blue is one ingredient.

20. bigdreams Well Known Member Member

Methylene blue is a good idea but I wouldn't reuse it . It breaks down in light plus why put fish back into dirty water possibly contaminated with bacteria, fungal spores, protozoa etc . A small bottle should last you a very very long time.

It works by staining the cells, whatever that means, basically should help keep fungus and stuff from growing on the wound. I would do baths daily plus maybe add stressguard to the QT.. maybe. I used stressguard a long time ago and haven't gotten a new bottle. Seemed to work at helping wounds heal. But it may have been the methylene blue on its own for all I know. Good luck