Eb Ram Pair

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
3rd generation in my project to get quality EB males. This little guy has gold ram scales underneath his EB scales, it makes him more purplish at some angles which regular EBs don't have.

For reference this was his grandpa

And this was his dad

Attachments

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WOW! Look at the length of the end of that dorsal fin!

Gorgeous fish!! :)

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He was spawned in March and I just found a regular eb female that was smaller than him after months of searching LFSs. So now he and his mate have a 10 gallon and a mess of slate all to themselves that I set up yesterday. I kicked out all the blue-gene jack Dempsey fry into a bare bottom with just Moss algae tufts free floating gently which are like Daphnia farms. I digress.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I’ve never owned a long fin because they usually look unhealthy, but yours are looking pretty awesome!

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was heavy handed in my culling. Any females and any sub par male specimens were fed to my jack dempseys. At this point now I will want to cultivate and donate to my locally owned fishstore since I think I've achieved my goal.

This next fish is what sparked my project to improve the EB line.
This guy here is not mine, I found this sorry excuse at petco two years ago, he lived only 3months in a perfectly setup tank and never spawned with a super fertile gold female. And he always acted lethargic and sickly. No "pep" ever
Notice the blunter/rounder face and snout? This a trait I've come to avoid in EB specimens. Too much inbreeding I think

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom