eaten crypt leaves

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
any one know if Otos eat crypt leaves I thought they just fed off algae ??? could it be my betta or the cories I highly doubt its my three panda cories but idk...could it be that my Spasy is eating them because there isn't much algae that he'll eat (spasy is my oto :-D) any help is greatly appreciated

Inari

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Otos won't eat plant leaves unless they are dying and then they have to be really dead.
Do teh plants have holes in them or are they dying?
Carol

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
the crypts are pretty healthy for the most part it looked like someone or something took a bite off the sides and tips i'm wondering just because I see him on my crypts a lot that's all and i'm working and not in my room 24/7 like I used to so that is why I came to that conclusion anyway any ideas??

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
they have been there done that and it scared the living **** out of me until I figured out that they were melting and it was normal anyway I don't know my hyrda plants are dyeing anyway so I need to go get my water tested and see if I need any fertilizer tomorrow that might be what is going on too it might be the dead matter and my bamboo shrimp is eating it I saw him eating the tips of the leaves it was well interesting anyway any other advise is more than welcome thanx

Inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya it's possible that you don't have enough fish producing waste and you need to add fertilizer but you have to make sure you get the right type of fertilizer for your plant and that it has the right nutrients for your plants, good luck figuring it out though.

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
that's kinda what I figured btw where did u get ur bristenose pleco?? I was wondering and its kinda **** me off tho I had quite the surprise after Hydra crawled out of my tank my ammonia was though the reaking roof and so was my pH its never been that high anyway thanx

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got it at a store called Aquarium Adventure, the only place I could find it around me and I looked for a mile radius to no luck. It cost me a lot but was worth it compare to where what I'v seen them at before. A BN would be too big for your tank though since I think it's a ten gallon maybe bulldog pleco would be better if that's correct and how much else you have in it. Hope you can figure out what's wrong with your plants.

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Well I think my problem was that I didn't have hardly any if any Nitrates for my plants 'cause hygras are Nitrate sponges...thanx and I got a bristlenose I"ve read that they should be fine in a 10 gallon they don't get that huge so I'll see thanx for the advise
~Inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok well I wouldn't reccomend a bn pleco for a ten gallon but it's your choice but I hope you have lots of filteration because they produce a lotttt of waste and they need a diet of veggies and a little flake and veggie wafers. They are not scavengers though. I'm having a problem getting mine to eat veggies, if you find something that yours likes let me know. thanks and good luck with it

Austin

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
my bristlenose hasn't come out of the hiding rocks since I got him but I'll let u know

~INari

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ok well My crypts were doing well then I strarted to notice that one of my plants leaves are being shreded any ideas??

thanx

~Inari

New Threads