Easy setup for a 10gal

1. Zoara42 Member Member

Since I've just upgraded to a 60 gal tank, I'm giving my 10 gal to my niece and nephew. My sister, who is going to be the responsible person, wants an easy to care for tank, but my niece and nephew want exciting fish. My nephew is still trying to figure out how he can fit a manta ray in there.

I was hoping people could recommend interesting fish that are easy to care for. I was thinking maybe Platys since they're so colorful.

Thanks for your input!

2. Lchi87 Well Known Member Member

Guppies and a nerite snail maybe? Guppies come in tons of colors and fin types and the nerite snail can help take care of any algae issues and are fun to watch. I'd watch your male/female ratio with any livebearers though unless your sister will want to care for fry too!

3. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Omg you did the same thing I did when I first started lol. What kind of fish are you looking for? Grouping, stand out, singles, etc. or looking for an invertebrate tank?

4. cheese Member Member

I think my ghost shrimp family is the most exciting 10 gallon tank out there lol...I love watching the shrimp swim around...their little feeler things flowing in the current and their little legs going a mile a minute. you can watch their food be digested when they eat. I used to always feed mine pellets, or flakes that I put under the water so they would sink rather than float, but one time I sprinkled the flakes at the top and the shrimp started swimming upside down at the surface grabbing flakes! they're so fun to watch and easy to care for. I got mine about 6 months ago, I had 3 and just 1 was female. since then she has had 3 sets of shrimplets and now I have ghosties of all sizes swimming around. :) I love them to death lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member