Easy plant recommendations without Co2?

Bleu

I don't use Co2, don't have the setup. I only got Anubais, Java Fern & sometimes Frogbit. I like all three, problem is it's super plain at this point and a little boring. I only got sand substrate too, not soil.

Any plant recommendations that can be kept alive without Co2? Do I even need Co2 for other plants, or can I just dose ferts?

AcornTheBetta

I don't use Co2, don't have the setup. I only got Anubais, Java Fern & sometimes Frogbit. I like all three, problem is it's super plain at this point and a little boring. I only got sand substrate too, not soil.

Any plant recommendations that can be kept alive without Co2? Do I even need Co2 for other plants, or can I just dose ferts?
How big is this tank? Can I see some pics so that I can recommend plants that would go well in your setup?

Upvote 0

altwitch

I'm going to generalize a bit here so take it for what it's worth. With robust lighting I've not had any significant problems growing most green plants without CO2; however, the reddish ones I've had problems with in the past. Just started a planted QT tank and am experimenting with CO2 now so we'll see what happens, just rebought some red Ludwigia Peruensis today and going to try again with the gas on. Agree with Acorn, parameters help giving advice. Without knowing I'm a self-admitted fan of star grass and water wisteria but they can get a bit taller.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ruud
Replies
Views
-Mak-
  • Question
Replies
Views
Freshfishguy