Want To Buy Easy, Low Tech Plants

TucanSam

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm considering setting up a little 5-10 gallon tank and getting a pea puffer for it. I'm gonna need some plants though and know very little about them. Currently my only planted tank is a 10 gallon with some... plants I forgot the names of for it.

I only have Flourish Excel and regular (comprehensive?) along with root tabs. I won't be using C02. Any suggestions/offers would be appreciated! Looking to spend around $30 or under!

Thanks!

Last edited:

TucanSam

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Anubias, java fern, bucephalandra, java moss, dwarf sagittaria, guppy grass, and cryptocoryne are all easy to grow plants that don't require too much lighting.
I've heard of anubias and Java fern at least! I forgot to mention, though probably a lot of you smarter folks know, the substrate will be Seachem Fluorite with a sand cap since puffers are supposed to like sand?

The lighting is fairly bright and i had plants grow okay in it before. The aquarium is a Top Fin Engage if that is of any help.

Thanks for the tips!

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sand is not a requirement for pea puffers, but if you like the look of sand, you can certainly add it.

Last edited:

MiniPop

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have guppy grass and pearlweed. $10 + $5 shipping for some of both? I grow them in low tech tanks with gravel and medium to high light. They can both be floated or planted. They may come with snails but since you're getting a puffer I don't think that'd be a problem. :emoji_grin: The guppy grass will grow fast and help absorb nitrate.
Pearlweed
DSC07462.JPG
Guppy grass
DSC07000.JPG
Under different lighting
DSC07269.JPG

TucanSam

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Toggle Sidebar