Easy green Okay with anacharis?

CoolCoryCatz

I’ve been using aqueon aquarium plant food for a while now but I’d like to use Easy Green when I finish this bottle (very soon). I know excel mysteriously melts Anacharis and was wondering if there’s the same issue with Easy Green? Or is there any other fertilizer I should go with? Thank you :)

mattgirl

No, easy green is a fertilizer so should help your plants. Excel isn't a fertilizer so they are 2 totally different products.

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

Excel is nothing more than an algaecide in my opinion. It will help clear your aquarium of algae but will not solve the underlying problem long term. Liquid Carbon also does not benefit plants as much as gas co2 which can be achieved through a pressurized injected setup. However, you do not need a expensive setup with injected co2 to have a beautiful setup.

Easy Green is much better fert to have for low tech planted tanks which you have. It will contain all the macro and micro nutrients you need for healthy plant growth (even your Anacharis). Combine this with a good aquarium light and some substrate fertilization along with some basic husbandry and you will have yourself a beautiful low tech planted aquarium.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JamesVader
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fishnturtleguy933
Replies
Views
StarGirl