Easy Aquarium Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Mei Lin, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Mei LinNew MemberMember

Hi, I want to know which plants are the easiest to keep and don't require too much lighting and stuff....I haven't got an aquarium yet but I for sure want to stay away from artificial plants, so anyone got any tips? Thankful in advance!

2. BuganjimoWell Known MemberMember

Anubias, java fern, java moss, and frogbit, are all quite easy to keep, java fern are my favourite out of those :D there are many different varieties and are all simple to keep.

3. Mei LinNew MemberMember

Thank you so much for the tips! :cat::emoji_crab:

4. Stryphe89New MemberMember

I just made myself a lost of low-tech plants yesterday. Here's what I'm planning on using in my new tank!

Dwarf Saggitaria
    Anubias Nana
    Vallinsneria Corkscrew
    Pellia
    Java Fern
    Bacopa Caroliniana
    Pogostemon Helferi
    Ludwigia Palustris
    Limnophila Hippuridoides

5. Ryan PValued MemberMember

Agree with the plants above. and also if you have your hardscape setup already or have a plan you can post it here so we can give you better advice on what plants would look good on what. Goodluck and have fun! :)

6. Mei LinNew MemberMember

Thanks everyone! You're all so nice!

7. JamieXPXPWell Known MemberMember

You can try out some crypts they are really easy plants just need some root tabs since they are root feeders. Bucephlandra are also great beginner plants and are quite pretty looking, just need to tie or glue them to rock or wood. Hornwort is also a nice plant doesn't need ferts but can be messy if the needles drop

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice