Easiest aquarium plants to grow?

1. Tara Huitson Initiate Member

What are the easiest plants to grow that do not require allot of light or fertilizers?

2. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

3. Tara Huitson Initiate Member

thank you

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Your welcome.

5. Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Most of these are good, but I would make a few ammendments....

Dwarf baby tears do need a bit more light and do even better with CO2 injection. Not sure about Asian ambulia, I have never seen it included on a list of easy low light plants. Marimo moss balls are not a plant, but actually a form of cladophora algae. I'm not a big fan of algae so I avoid them, as they can introduce algae into your tank that is unwanted. Lucky bamboo needs to grow above water, so it is not truly an aquarium plant. Many people grown them out of their HOB filter. They do ok, but need a bit of light above the water where they leaves absorb the light for photosynthesis.

A few plants that Anders did not mention include...

Frogbit, crypt wenditti, and amazon swords.

Hope this helps, good luck.

6. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I agree with Dolfan. Dwarf Baby tears do need high lighting and co2 to do well. You can try java moss, or some java fern

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I took the dwarf baby tears from an older thread on here. I did forget the frogbit, sorry. Ahhhhh..... Amazon swords, of course......... I heard about the types of crypt, but not which one. Wait marimo moss balls can introduce algae?