Easier way to do water changes - use a water or juice dispenser

crophecy

This juice dispenser is what I currently use as a quarantine 'tank', but later I will turn it into a shrimp tank

The faucet makes it super easy to drain the water, and if the bottom is dirty I just use an aerator tube to get the little bits of poop out

It's not the most aesthetic looking tank, but it works for quarantine or side projects ☺

Screenshot_20210921-131104.png

Bsplendid

This juice dispenser is what I currently use as a quarantine 'tank', but later I will turn it into a shrimp tank

The faucet makes it super easy to drain the water, and if the bottom is dirty I just use an aerator tube to get the little bits of poop out

It's not the most aesthetic looking tank, but it works for quarantine or side projects ☺

Screenshot_20210921-131104.png
Is that a white Betta?

crophecy

Yes it's a white betta! To be exact it's a platinum dumbo plakat betta ☺

Attachments

• 20210917_121924_HDR_(1).jpg
    20210917_121924_HDR_(1).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 15

smee82

Nice idea. Does the suction as it drains pull all the waste and poo away or do you still need to vacuum the vottom

crophecy

You still need to vacuum the bottom but I find it easier because with the lower water level the waste is easier to see. Alternatively you can just use a net to scoop it out too if you don't wanna vacuum it out (a fine mesh net like the brine shrimp nets will do the trick)

Bsplendid

Yes it's a white betta! To be exact it's a platinum dumbo plakat betta ☺
She's stunning, how do you prevent fin rot?

crophecy

She's stunning, how do you prevent fin rot?
Do everything you can to keep the fish healthy & happy (no stress life), and their immune system should be strong enough to fight off fin rot! Though the occasional tear on their fins is unavoidable since they're so delicate -- as long as the water is clean the fin should be able to heal on its own without any rotting.

#1 most important is water quality - water changes is a must. I like to do 50-80% water changes on all my tanks. Do not put any sharp decors, rocks, or plastic plants (if you need artificial plants, get the ones with cloth/silk leaves). Add live plants (that stay alive) if possible, but it's not necessary if you can keep up your water changes. Plants are good for fish 'mental health' though, it makes them have a natural environment and feel safe.

You can also add some 'water vitamins' for your betta to keep it healthy. I use something called 'Betta Power Up'. This only works if water quality is good to begin with :)

And lastly feeding your fish a varied diet is also good. I just catch bugs like mosquitos/fruit flies etc (small soft-bodied insects that dont have toxins... ants are small but they have some toxins so I dont feed those). I can't buy the frozen ones because the portion sizes are too big for 1 little betta. If you dont have access to live bugs or frozen foods, a good quality pellet (like Hikari betta bio Gold) should be good enough. I give him cherry shrimp sometimes (alive ones) so he can have fun hunting them. He's kinda bad at hunting so it takes him about a month to catch 10 shrimps.

Well this got kinda long haha...
TL;DR healthy happy betta = strong immunity to fin rot :D

Hope these tips help!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PurityNWhiteRoses
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sorg67
  • Question