Earth worms

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Tdahl09, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Tdahl09

Tdahl09 Valued Member Member

So I tried to feed my cray an earthworm from my yard as a treat... She wanted nothing to do with it

My tiger barbs however went nuts!!!

It was like watching piranhas!

Live everyday

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

I'd be cautious about feeding worms from your yard, they could have parasites...

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Gekco

Gekco Well Known Member Member

Id try and avoid feeding earth worms, you have no clue what pesticides could be in the ground.

Sent from my iPod touch using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Dadio

Dadio Well Known Member Member

My koi get them without having to feed them as they fall into my pond. Redworms are found in the rocky bottom of my pond which help to clean but are also a "search&feed" game for my koi.

In my area we are in a pesticide free-zone and my garden is 100% organic. The only ferts my garden get is that from the waste water of the pond. Koi of course are a little more resilient than tropicals and as the others have stated it is risky. If you wish to feed them earth worms, redworms or grubs go to a local fish rod&reel bait shop and get farmed worms. All fish love them for the most part and it's a good thing to give live foods but only if from a clean source.

5. hampalong

hampalong Well Known Member Member

Earthworms are an excellent fish food, high in protein and vitamins. They cannot carry parasites that can affect fish. If your land is chemical-free they're totally safe.

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice