E-Mail Hoax

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirdarksol, Dec 4, 2009.

1. sirdarksol

sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

Thought folks should know this.
    My advice from the phone scam thread stands; don't give personal info to people who contact you unless you are 100% certain of their identity. Better to call/e-mail them back at a known and trusted number/address.

2. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Thanks for the warning SDS.

3. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Thanks for the heads up, SDS. I've actually received that e-mail.

While we're on the topic, some fraudulent bank e-mails are going on as well. They look like they're on the straight and narrow, but I was getting them on my work e-mail and I don't use that address for banking.

4. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Thanks for the warning!

5. ShadowbeamValued MemberMember

Thanks for the warnings guys :)

6. OP
    OP
    sirdarksol

sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

I've been getting some very legitimate-looking bank e-mails, as well. Wells Fargo recently contacted me, telling me that there was a potential issue with my accounts. Of course, I don't bank at Wells Fargo.

If you've got the time, it's a good idea to find out if the banks involved have an e-mail address to which you can report phishing scams. They like to know about those things, and with enough e-mails, they can sometimes find the crooks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice