Dying Prego Guppy,

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
Shes on the small side I actually have a picture of the babys hatching forms eggs inside from 2 weeks ago so I know she is pregnant but just past hour shes been hiding flipping around unable to swim laying on her side is she dying? Also labored breathing I got her as an adult from petsmart about 2 months ago

Attachments

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Is your tank cycled

How do you clean the filter also read up on the nitrogen cycle it’s the most important thing to keeping your fish alive. Never replace your filter or rinse it with tap water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
With tap and a fresh Cartilage but my nitrogen was a little high so I a few hours ago filtered half the tank 78° treated water shes still swimming head down tail up...

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh god you killed your tank cycle do you have Tetra safetstart, api bacteria supplement, or api instant start if so do a half dosage in your tank and hope

CocoCappuccino

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
With tap and a fresh Cartilage but my nitrogen was a little high so I a few hours ago filtered half the tank 78° treated water shes still swimming head down tail up...
I agree above. It's recommended to never rinse established filter media under the tap, or replace it too often. I'd definitely recommend doing research on the nitrogen cycle, so next time you'll be aware! I'm so sorry this is happening.. . What are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)?

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact levels I do have quick start I did a dose of it with fresh water all other fish are fine just hers haven't tou hed filter in almsot 3 weeks..

Her belly looks like tiny black dots shes literally swimming upside down only fish acting off... think its swim bladder

Attachments

Epicoz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I had the exact same problem not to down you but it’s pretty late stages and mine died after a day or two like this but yours could turn out different sorry

CocoCappuccino

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm not sure of the exact levels I do have quick start I did a dose of it with fresh water all other fish are fine just hers haven't tou hed filter in almsot 3 weeks..
To really assess the situation, I'd recommend the API Master Water Testing kit. We'll need to know the levels to find the underlying problem, but I really think it's from a water quality issue. Depending on your tank size, tanks can sometimes take months to cycle, and the levels are toxic in the process

CocoCappuccino

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Her belly looks like tiny black dots shes literally swimming upside down only fish acting off... think its swim bladder[/QUO
Her black dotted belly
Unfortunately.. I believe she won't be able to make it. I've noticed this physical appearance when they're about to pass (they'll look pale as well). And she's pregnant? Is the spots her babies visible through her belly?

Bubbleguppy9382

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think so I read skinned peas helps with swim bladder and bloating so I fed them that tonight in Hope's the other dont get this

Shes been swimming like this breathing for several hours

Why me

Valued Member
Reaction score
Are the babies developed? Might seem harsh. But if she was about to give birth. You could do a c section.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom