Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Dying Prego Guppy,

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Bubbleguppy9382, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

Shes on the small side I actually have a picture of the babys hatching forms eggs inside from 2 weeks ago so I know she is pregnant but just past hour shes been hiding flipping around unable to swim laying on her side is she dying? Also labored breathing I got her as an adult from petsmart about 2 months ago

Attached Files:

2. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

Is your tank cycled

How do you clean the filter also read up on the nitrogen cycle it’s the most important thing to keeping your fish alive. Never replace your filter or rinse it with tap water.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
  3. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

With tap and a fresh Cartilage but my nitrogen was a little high so I a few hours ago filtered half the tank 78° treated water shes still swimming head down tail up...

4. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

Oh god you killed your tank cycle do you have Tetra safetstart, api bacteria supplement, or api instant start if so do a half dosage in your tank and hope

5. CocoCappuccinoValued MemberMember

I agree above. It's recommended to never rinse established filter media under the tap, or replace it too often. I'd definitely recommend doing research on the nitrogen cycle, so next time you'll be aware! I'm so sorry this is happening.. :(. What are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)?

6. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

I'm not sure of the exact levels I do have quick start I did a dose of it with fresh water all other fish are fine just hers haven't tou hed filter in almsot 3 weeks..

Her belly looks like tiny black dots shes literally swimming upside down only fish acting off... think its swim bladder:(

Attached Files:

7. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

I had the exact same problem not to down you but it’s pretty late stages and mine died after a day or two like this but yours could turn out different sorry:(

8. CocoCappuccinoValued MemberMember

To really assess the situation, I'd recommend the API Master Water Testing kit. We'll need to know the levels to find the underlying problem, but I really think it's from a water quality issue. Depending on your tank size, tanks can sometimes take months to cycle, and the levels are toxic in the process

9. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

It’s weird mine died one by one make sure you get it cycled

10. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

Black dots puffed out gills

Black dots puffed out gills p.s. I hate breeding boxes just figured I could find her when she died

Her black dotted belly

Attached Files:

11. CocoCappuccinoValued MemberMember

Unfortunately.. I believe she won't be able to make it. I've noticed this physical appearance when they're about to pass (they'll look pale as well). And she's pregnant? Is the spots her babies visible through her belly?

12. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

I think so :( I read skinned peas helps with swim bladder and bloating so I fed them that tonight in Hope's the other dont get this

Shes been swimming like this breathing for several hours

13. Why meValued MemberMember

Are the babies developed? Might seem harsh. But if she was about to give birth. You could do a c section.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  14. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

They were yes hut shes flushed:( died last night I have like 5 other pregnant fish