Dying plants

JD87

Hello, I need some help. I been keeping fish for a long time but am fairly new to planted aquarium. I noticed some algae growing in my tank so I got more plants thinking it would help. 2 weeks later a lot of leaves are falling off my rotalla and golden lloydiella. I also have a Ludwigia that is not looking very good. Could they just be adjusting to the new tank?
Phosphates are 0.5
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
Under 20 nitrate
Ph around 7.8
I dose flourish on water changes and potassium and iron 2 times a week.
Recently started dosing excel for the algae. I have a fluval 1200mm that I set for planted tank and recently keep on only 7 hrs a day. Some of my other plants like the scarlet temple are doing great. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, it looks like just the middle and bottoms have the leafs falling off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 47

TWiG87

That sounds like relatively normal melt, especially if it’s the older part of the plant. I think once your plants get established, you won’t have to worry so much about the algae. Are you dosing flourish after the water change?

JD87

I am. I dose the recommended amount after a 30% water change weekly. I feel like I’m a little paranoid but I hate seeing the algae and the recent leaves falling off made me worry

TWiG87

Yea I wouldn’t stress too much right now. If the algae gets too bad you could cut it back to six hours, but it sounds like you are doing things right. I’m not familiar with all of those species, root tabs may help as well

JD87

Thank you for the quick response

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Byron26
Replies
Views
HKsai
  • Question
Replies
Views