Help dying mollie

red020804

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
i dont know what happened. everything was fine last night then this morning i woke up and one of our cremecicle mollie was lying twisted on the bottom of the tank still alive but breathing hard. i put her in a breeder box to keep the other fish from her. i dont know what happened. the water tested fine last night except for the ammonia which we cant seem to get rid of. its staying at .25 for weeks now despite water changes every other day. she gets this burst of energy every once in a while and flops around in the tank but mostly upside down and sideway then rest again on the bottom in a u shape with her body. I think she going to day today. i took some pictures of her. can anybody tell me what happened? or if there is any hope. the other 9 fish are just fine and acting normal.

Attachments

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm sorry to hear about your sick fish. The ammonia in your tank is toxic to the fish and the first thing I would do is try to remove that. Is there ammonia in your tap water since the water changes aren't helping? Perhaps, you should get some prime to help also. I've never used Prime+ so I will let someone else answer that for you.

red020804

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
i use prime in every water change and since their is ammonia i put it in there in between water changes as well. i wish i could help her. she's still fighting. one minute i think she is about gone the next she get that burst of energy.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Priem detoxifies ammonia for 24 hours, so do a 20% water change every day using Prime as the water conditioner to help keep the fish safe while tackling the ammonia problem. Repeat this daily until your water is Ammonia=0, Nitrite=0, and Nitrates=between 5-20.

Note= Amquel+ can also be used, but I have not used this product before, just Prime.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aww im sorry for your molly
cycling with fish is hard on them id up the water changes to once a day with the prime....until the cycle finishes .....have you tested your tap water for ammonia as jrobber suggested?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom