Important Dying Kuhli loach...HELP!

Galactica555

Reaction score
2 of my new kuhli loaches got sucked into my new filter..one mauled..the other somehow in one piece.he looks lighter than before and is barely breathing..not moving..i put him in a bowl with some plants(so he can hide but not so much i cant check on him ) food,and a small bubbler. Called a vet..she said if he dies its ptobably from stress..anything else I can do..?

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures? What kind of filter were you using? I’m not experienced with Kuhli’s but I think the one which is in one piece may be best being euthanised. Keeping lighting low should help to alleviate stress

faydout

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Throw a pellet or two in, and leave her / him alone in the dark. If you have it on hand, maybe add some stresscoat.

OP
Galactica555

Galactica555

Reaction score
TW2AQUATICS said:
Do you have any pictures? What kind of filter were you using? I’m not experienced with Kuhli’s but I think the one which is in one piece may be best being euthanised. Keeping lighting low should help to alleviate stress
Aqua tec 5-15.the other one was clearly dead..but this guy i found in the part with the filter..he's calmed down some(less eratic breathing)

Galactica555 said:
Aqua tec 5-15.the other one was clearly dead..but this guy i found in the part with the filter..he's calmed down some(less eratic breathing)
No thats not where the filter was placed

faydout said:
Throw a pellet or two in, and leave her / him alone in the dark. If you have it on hand, maybe add some stresscoat.
What is stress coat?

Attachments

OP
Galactica555

Galactica555

Reaction score
faydout said:
Oh, also... look into putting a sponge over your filter intake. Something like this:
Alright..didnt think they would fit. Turns out they like the flow and find it "fun"..assumed they would get spooked by current and not even try it..

OP
Galactica555

Galactica555

Reaction score
faydout said:
It's a water conditioner, like Seachem Prime. Stresscoat has some chemical in it that's supposed to help destress your fish.
Ohh ok I have some

OP
Galactica555

Galactica555

Reaction score
Je looks likes having a seizure all of a sudden..what does that mean..all i dis was add a few drops of stress coat

Megaanemp

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Galactica555 said:
Je looks likes having a seizure all of a sudden..what does that mean..all i dis was add a few drops of stress coat
I don’t think stress coat would cause that. Maybe just from being under so much stress

OP
Galactica555

Galactica555

Reaction score
Update: a day ago I had noticed a white spot (wound?) He had healed behaviorally and swimming wise,he died about 24hours later.. Thanks for everyones help - I solved the filter issue and will now be careful adding anything like that in a tank.

New Threads