Dying goldfish- 2 died now 3rd is sick

Amythe

Reaction score
About 1 maybe 2 months ago one of my 3 goldfish died。Before his death,White spots appeared on him and then vanished quickly。Yesterday,I cleaned the tank and another fish became ill and is dying。as i am a new fish owner I dont know why。 HELP ME!

One of my fish got ich and died and another fish has it now Im scared。

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If you know your fish has ich, you should research up on that. Make sure you tell us your exact parameters, if your tank is cycled, and when you got the fish. I'm assuming you didn't quarantine them? If you don't treat your whole tank for ich, then most likely all of the fish will get infected.

OP
Amythe

Amythe

Reaction score
Fisheye said:
If you could fill out the template, it will help the forum to help you better. A photo of your tank is great too.

Fish Emergency Template | 376562
Here is a photo

Mod edit: Image removed for copyright issues

Gel0city said:
If you know your fish has ich, you should research up on that. Make sure you tell us your exact parameters, if your tank is cycled, and when you got the fish. I'm assuming you didn't quarantine them? If you don't treat your whole tank for ich, then most likely all of the fish will get infected.
I definately quarentined te other fish

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh no... looks like she has swim bladder problems too. I don't think the fish is in very great condition. Fill out the template as soon as possible please. Tank size?

OP
Amythe

Amythe

Reaction score
About
Gel0city said:
Oh no... looks like she has swim bladder problems too. I don't think the fish is in very great condition. Fill out the template as soon as possible please. Tank size?
About a 35 galloon temp 25

OP
Amythe

Amythe

Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Hi, the fish seems to have a case of nitrate/nitrite poisoning?

What are the water parameters and can you conduct a 50% water change?
Yeah I already tried

OP
Amythe

Amythe

Reaction score
sorrily she died today. I dug a grave for her

sob

Cryoraptor

Reaction score
Is your tank cycled? If not then it's a miracle that the fish have made it this far.
Are any other fish showing signs of illness?

Although it's not the worst I've seen, the fish that has sadly died appears to be a comet or shubunkin goldfish. Comets and shubunkins are common-type goldfish, and these goldfish get to a minimum of a foot long as adults, are extremely messy and require either unreasonably huge tanks or the much better alternative of ponds as adults. Can we see pictures of every fish in your tank?

Even despite this, fancy-type goldfish require a minimum of 20-30 gallons for the first one and 10-20 gallons for every subsequent fish each. It is improbable that your 35 gallon could accommodate 2-3 fancy-type goldfish in the long run.

If you don't want to upgrade to a bigger tank, it's advisable that you sell/give away your remaining goldfish and instead keep smaller, cleaner tropical fish that will happily thrive in a 35 gallon tank.

OP
Amythe

Amythe

Reaction score
2 of my fish have died a and now a 3rd is experiencing similar symptoms
Fin rot
refusal of food
hiding
not moving.
Ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 10.
HELP ME

here are some other fish, doing fine.
all goldfish

The orange ones name is katri

Cryoraptor said:
Is your tank cycled? If not then it's a miracle that the fish have made it this far.
Are any other fish showing signs of illness?

Although it's not the worst I've seen, the fish that has sadly died appears to be a comet or shubunkin goldfish. Comets and shubunkins are common-type goldfish, and these goldfish get to a minimum of a foot long as adults, are extremely messy and require either unreasonably huge tanks or the much better alternative of ponds as adults. Can we see pictures of every fish in your tank?

Even despite this, fancy-type goldfish require a minimum of 20-30 gallons for the first one and 10-20 gallons for every subsequent fish each. It is improbable that your 35 gallon could accommodate 2-3 fancy-type goldfish in the long run.

If you don't want to upgrade to a bigger tank, it's advisable that you sell/give away your remaining goldfish and instead keep smaller, cleaner tropical fish that will happily thrive in a 35 gallon tank.
All other fish is doing fine
Katri.jpg

Image source:

OP
Amythe

Amythe

Reaction score
Cryoraptor said:
Are these new ones that you have recently bought?
No. aLL ARE OVER 3 months as I bought them before civid 19

P.s I got a pond in my backyard should I move some of the fish there? about 500 gallons

another fish is sort of getting sick

New Threads