Denho

Reaction score
Tank

What is the water volume of the tank?30 gal
How long has the tank been running?20 years
Does it have a filter?yes whisper power filter
Does it have a heater?yes
What is the water temperature?constant 78 degrees
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) Amber and neon tetras now all dead...3 varieties of sword tails. ..2 balloon mollies. 1 dead ..an albino catfish and a plecostimus now dead

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? I just completely tore down tank 2 weeks ago because I had fish die and thought they may have been diseased when I purchased them as they all died quickly
How much of the water do you change? Typically a quarter to a half
What do you use to treat your water? Aqueon tap water conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Vacuum gravel to remove top debris

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? The kit I have test ammonia and it is reading zero
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia:0
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Small amount in the morning and same early evening
How much do you feed your fish? What can be eaten in 2-3 minutes
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Tetra Min tropical flakes
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 2 weeks. They were great for a week and have now slowly started dying 2 or 3 every other day
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 3 days ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? No symptoms just finding dead fish. The algae eater disappeared. He was small
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all?

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
Tank was cycled. Ammonia level was zero with my one old catfish in tank. Bought about 6 new fish...acclimated them to water. Did great. Waited another week and added about 8 more. The 6 swords and 2 balloon bellies. They have done great for about 6 days then noticed ally tetras were dying. Then lost a sword and this morning the balloon Molly was belly up struggling to breathe. I have a bubble wand in the tank also for added oxygen. My hood light is LED and has the clear daytime and the blue nightime lighs. I have had fish for 20 years and never had this happen. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you are not aware of what the aquarium nitrogen cycle is, then please read about it here!
Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle
Important - Important Cycling Information

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom