Dying Dwarf Gouramis

Discussion in 'Dwarf Gourami' started by bugley1, Apr 17, 2017.

1. bugley1

bugley1New MemberMember

I had 4 Dwarf Gouramis in a 12o gal then i had 3 then 2 now im down to 1 that is starting to not look so good every other fish in the tank is fine water perams are good it just has been the Dwarfs one by one i even took the 3 back to the pet store when they were looking sick any idea why its just the DGs?

2. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

What are the water parameters of the tank? What are the genders of the gouramis? What are the tank mates?

Dwarf gouramis should not be added together due to their territorial and aggressive nature toward each other. if kept together you should have them in at least a 55 gallon tank and have at least 6 to spread the aggression

3. OP
    OP
    bugley1

bugley1New MemberMember

Nitrites 0 PH 7-7.5 Ammonia 0 Nitrates between 5 and 10 Water 78 Degrees. 6 Tetras, 4 Clown Loaches, 3 Black Mollys 1 Cream Sickle Molly, 2 Cory Cats, 10 Harlequins, and 2 plattys the tank is planted and 120 gal

4. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Is the tank what is shown in your profile page? Your tank is lightly planted, thus there is actually no cover for the DGs to hide from each other.

5. OP
    OP
    bugley1

bugley1New MemberMember

Yes, there is more in there now and drift wood etc, that was a picture from a while ago all 4 Gourami's all other fish are fine. I took one that was acting a little weird back to the fish store they put him in his own tank to watch him and did not make it there as well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice