Dying Danios followup: Prazipro

cb radio

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Back in August i had posted about my dying danios. I was down to four out of twelve Danios in August. I hope this is helpful to someone in the future as I thought I was going to lose them all. Everything pointed toward Neon Tetra disease (from the loss of color, bending spine, isolation, no longer eating), and i was unable to find any recommendations other than to euthanize them. I visited a fish store a few towns over and they suggested Prazipro. I treated the tank twice over the coarse of ten days. It is now nearly January and I still have the four Danios.

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/freshwater-fish-forums/126361-my-zebra-danio-has-drooping-fin-curved-back.html

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the update! I'll keep this in mind. I use that medication prophylactically with new fish.

cb radio

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I had never heard of it before then, but i will be treating any new arrivals with it as well. I hope it can help save someone else's fish as well.

There is just something about the danios i can't resist. I will do anything to keep them well. I am going to hold out until at least March before bringing in any new ones just to make sure the disease is gone (will treat them and keep them in the 29 gal quarantine tank for a month before introducing them to my other four in the 55 gal tank).

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It seems alot of members like it because fish seem to deal with it well.

Danios are super active so that makes them a pretty fun fish to watch! I know when I had some they would spawn quite frequently and that was also pretty neat to watch.

That sounds like a good plan, imo, taking things slowly is always a good idea when it comes to tank stability and disease prevention.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom