dying anubas on driftwood

chatony

Reaction score
hey, I bought this anubas on a piece of driftwood for a speical of AUS$10!!! its was a bargin, however since I placed it in my tank, it started dying. The leaves are turning yellow! What should I do?

OP
C

chatony

Reaction score
1 more thing... I haven't added Co2.. I have 4 cardinals in the tank... is that ok?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Check the rhizome and see if its firm. Sometimes plants will lose a couple of leaves when first put in a different tank. As long as the rhizome is firm your ok.
carol

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Question for chatony. What is the pH of your water? When plants turn yellow, pH is one of the things to look at.
Question for people who have raised aquarium plants. Does driftwood provide iron? Iron loss is another thing to look at.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sirdarksol-driftwood does not add iron. Very few aquatic plants are influenced by the ph of the water. anubias is not a heavy feeder so I don't think iron deprivation is a problem.
Chatony- how long have you had it?
carol

Fishface

Reaction score
you probably have too much light on it without enough nutrients and co2. it wouldnt be pH - anubias is extremely hardy. its a slow grower, and gets strained when under too much light.

OP
C

chatony

Reaction score
my ph is 5.5 usually, because I keep cardinals with it.
I've had the plant for bout 2 weeks and I don't know a thing about that rumbis firmy thing... sorry!

New Threads