Dwarf rainbows?

idkausernamesoyeah

anyone know any good dwarf rainbow fish species that looks good and can go in a little bit of a smaller tank?29-45 gallon tank... I have been looking online for good dwarf rainbows but the only ones I can really find are dwarf neon rainbow fish which I'm not a huge fan of. if anyone knows of any good species lmk or if you can sell me a good strain or know someone who can please let me know

pagoda

Threadfin Rainbows are small and the males are beautiful

CoryBoi

I think JettsPapa has a few species of rainbows. I could be wrong

idkausernamesoyeah

pagoda said:
Threadfin Rainbows are small and the males are beautiful
do you know of any that look more like actual rainbow fish? like ik those r raibow fish but moreso the ones like this...

pagoda

Threadfins....

An aquarium full of these would be stunning....the one you pictured is quite a bit bigger, not dwarf sized at all

chromedome52

If you are looking for dwarf species of Melanotaenia in particular, there are only a very few, and most are quite rare in the hobby. None would do well in a 30" tank like a 29, including the praecox. Oddly, a long 30, which is 36"", might be considered minimum. The gives you a place to search what species exist.

There are a couple of species of Pseudomugil that are on the large size for that genus, which might work in a tank that size. P. signifer is probably the largest species of the genus, reaching almost 3 inches. P. furcatus is slightly smaller, at just over 2 inches. These are more yellow in color, so if you don't like red and blue, perhaps these colors would suit you.

Coradee

Several images have been removed for copyright issue, please do not use images that are not your own, link to the site instead.

JettsPapa

CoryFan said:
I think JettsPapa has a few species of rainbows. I could be wrong
I just have a single school of turquoise rainbows in my 65 gallon tank (and one in my quarantine tank).

idkausernamesoyeah

oh ok sorry abt the picture and that makes sense I will look into all of these options

Latest threads

Top Bottom