Dwarf puffer?

Jojoo
Hello,

I have been thinking for such a long time to add one dwarf puffer to my 54 liter fish tank. My fish tank does currently have 10 cardinal tetras and 20+ cherry shrimp. I have a few questions.

1. What would happen to my cherry shrimp if adding one dwarf puffer to the tank? Would it kill all of them or would it just Keep down the shrimp population?(I don't want this many shrimps, and they reproduce pretty fast).

2. What daily foods can I buy in the pet store for my dwarf puffer? All I can think of is frozen bloodworms bit I know I have to vary Its food more than that. I don't want to have a second fish tank for snails or such.

3. Is there any "vacation food" for dwarf puffers? Sometimes I am away from home 3 days Up to a week.

4. How many days would 100 gallon frozen bloodworms last for my tank(I have other food for My tetras and shrimp but they would maybe also eat the bloodworms? Ocean Nutrition Frozen Bloodworm 100 gallon (6 packs)

Advertisement
kleon33
If you buy a ton of snails at once and put them in the main tank then he'll hunt them. Make sure they're small snails if it's a dwarf puffer. Also he will eat the shrimps and they will reproduce faster if there are hiding places for the shrimp. I'm not sure about the last question. Hope this helps!

Advertisement
Jojoo
Thank you for the answer. I do however not want to have snails in ny main tank either. Would be perfect if one could buy frozen snails in pet store and feed Them with it. Oh well.

Is snails really needed for Them? Can I replace snails with something else from the store or would my shrimps do it?

Would my shrimps reproduce faster than being killed even if I get 2 dwarf puffers instead of one?

I still have the problem when I am away forna few days. Maybe someone else could answer this?

JaksAquatics
maybe get a smaller tant for the shrimp and if there are some less colorful ones you could cull them but I think you should stick to snails because they are a lot cheaper and you don´t need the biggest tank for them

Jojoo
Thank you for the answers guys. I have been thinking and thinking and I will not buy dwarf puffers at this time in my life. hopefully I will do it in the future

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BruinAquatics
Replies
Views
PatrickShrimp
  • Question
Replies
Views
Chiasmodon