Dwarf Puffer Not Eating

FishAddictFamily

Reaction score
I got a juvenile dwarf puffer. I put him into my well established planted tank. Readings and temp are pristine! Its 30 gallons of planted heaven. I threw an assortment of sizes of pond snails in the tank as I was unsure how big of a snail he would eat. I tried blood worms. I tried 4 kinda of fish food ranging from cichlid to guppy food. It’s been 5 days and I don’t think he has touched anything. Still glass surfing and active, brightly coloured, seems generally ok but I’m concerned. I was told they would murder all the snails just for sport and they are everywhere. I even put a guppy fry in to see if instinct to chase was there. He seemed to sniff him like a dog greets a human. Then went back to swimming around. Is my puffer going to die ????!?!

Fawkes21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't have pea puffers myself but I've always seen them kept in groups. Maybe the stress of being by himself is causing him not to eat. Also do you know if he's a wild caught specimen? Have you brine shrimp and cockle/mussel meat. My lfs recommends feeding them to dwarf puffers.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom