Dwarf Puffer Dead :(

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sadly I found my dwarf puffer verde dead this afternoon. I had just gave him a water change yesterday and he ate a bunch of snails. This morning we had a power surge with a storm only thing out of the ordinary well when I went to feed him, he was no where to be found. I knew he was gonna this one came as a shock as I’ve had him 6 months and he was doing pretty good.

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, that's horrible to happen. Ive lost fish myself to power outages messing with things. Its unexpected.

Tiny lives are so very sensitive, but it doesn't make losing them any easier.

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you, Yeah it was pretty unexpected, I had went out and got a new Betta so I was setting him up and some snails were trying to hitchhike to the Betta tank so caught them to feed my DP and that’s when I made the sad discovery.

Sheldon13

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m so sorry. I know I get very attached to my puffers so I’m sure this is very hard on you.

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks guys, it is tough I keep forgetting he’s gone I reached out to a local store and they don’t have any DPs. There’s one more around here I can check but last week I don’t think they had any. Not sure if I will another or split my snail tank for Bettas. I just have a good amount of snails I need to keep in check now.