Dwarf Puffer And ?

1. KaitKat

KaitKat Valued Member Member

I want to put a dwarf puffer in my 20g (no fish yet) but I want something else going on. I don't want more than 1 puffer since I don't want to end up with breeding problems. I've seen mixed reviews of people keeping them with other fish like Otos, cardinal tetras ,and kuhli loaches. I would love to be able to have some kuhli loaches and tetras with the puffer since im not a huge fan of otos. Does anyone have experience with any of these, or dwarf puffers in a community tank? and do they breed a lot? I've seen different things saying never in aquariums and then that it should be expected, hence the hesitation to get more than 1 (I had mollies for a while and I'm just done with having fry)

Edit (forgot to mention)- the tank is 24x12x16, 20g

2. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

While I can't speak for tankmates, as I'd only keep them in a species-only tank, you almost definitely won't have fry without trying to have some. Most fish aren't like mollies, guppies, platies, and swordtails where you throw them in a tank and come out with fry. You'd need to worry more about male-female ratio and keeping a good diet with pea puffers.

Advertisement