Dwarf Puffer And ?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by KaitKat, Jun 13, 2018.

1. KaitKat

KaitKat Valued Member Member

I want to put a dwarf puffer in my 20g (no fish yet) but I want something else going on. I don't want more than 1 puffer since I don't want to end up with breeding problems. I've seen mixed reviews of people keeping them with other fish like Otos, cardinal tetras ,and kuhli loaches. I would love to be able to have some kuhli loaches and tetras with the puffer since im not a huge fan of otos. Does anyone have experience with any of these, or dwarf puffers in a community tank? and do they breed a lot? I've seen different things saying never in aquariums and then that it should be expected, hence the hesitation to get more than 1 (I had mollies for a while and I'm just done with having fry)

Edit (forgot to mention)- the tank is 24x12x16, 20g

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

While I can't speak for tankmates, as I'd only keep them in a species-only tank, you almost definitely won't have fry without trying to have some. Most fish aren't like mollies, guppies, platies, and swordtails where you throw them in a tank and come out with fry. You'd need to worry more about male-female ratio and keeping a good diet with pea puffers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice