Dwarf Pea Puffer

Discussion in 'Puffers' started by Moms New Fish Tank, Jul 11, 2015.

1. M

Moms New Fish Tank New Member Member

My Dwarf Puffer is acting sluggish these last couple of days. He is laying on the leaves of plants and doesn't seem to be eating, as snails are going untouched and he isn't going after bloodworms like usual. I noticed a tiny spot of blood in his eye yesterday but it seems to have disappeared. The little guy just stole my heart and I'll be so sad if he goes. If anyone can shed some light I'd appreciate it.

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

MollyPalooza can probably figure out what's wrong with your puffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. MollyPalooza

MollyPalooza Valued Member Member

First and foremost, need some details on your setup. Tank size and all inhabitants, how long it's been running, and what your water quality readings are (actual numbers needed, please, not just "Water is fine.").

Without that info, there's not much help that can be given...

4. Alexander333

Alexander333 New Member Member

Watch out for snails that would go half eaten, can ruin your water quite fast. I'd check my water parameters first. Other then that i wouldn't know. Anything you've added to the tank recently?

5. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    Yeah, like MollyPalooza said, give us details.
    And make sure to use the API liquid test kit because the test strips are inaccurate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice