Dwarf Otocinclus

The Rover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If there is anyone out there that breeds otos I would be interested in purchasing 2 of them. Hoping they would be hardier than those found in Petsmart.

Thank you!

The Rover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
impossible, all otos are wild catch in summer
I read it was hard to find them captive bred, but I thought maybe someone on here might be breeding them so I'd give it a try. So I'm stuck getting them from my LFS and hoping for the best?

The Rover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Not intirely true, but quite rare.
My local Petsmart has them and the batch they have been in there for a couple of weeks but I'm hesitant about getting them because I don't have a QT yet and since they are wild caught I don't want to take the risk of any disease.

Redrum

Valued Member
Reaction score
My local Petsmart has them and the batch they have been in there for a couple of weeks but I'm hesitant about getting them because I don't have a QT yet and since they are wild caught I don't want to take the risk of any disease.
WOW Petsmart kept them alive for 2 weeks? You can feel better about the fish IMO after having been able to endure 2 weeks..haha. I have seen a few locations that had some good folks doing the right things.. but more often than not I see Kmart quality aquarium standards.

Maybe you can get them to cut you a deal since they have been there for 2 weeks. GL

The Rover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
WOW Petsmart kept them alive for 2 weeks? You can feel better about the fish IMO after having been able to endure 2 weeks..haha. I have seen a few locations that had some good folks doing the right things.. but more often than not I see Kmart quality aquarium standards.

Maybe you can get them to cut you a deal since they have been there for 2 weeks. GL
Yeah, The folks down there are actually pretty good. All aquarists so they actually care about the fish. I know if these little guys can make it a month or so they are pretty good to go, but still nervous about adding fish now that I've learned about the importance of QT's.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom