dwarf not eating

1. xARIZ0NAx Member Member

i have this female gouramis not eating shes been setting at the top of the tank swimming away every time some comes buy being very antisocial is there something i need to do or look out for is my male stressing her out:(

2. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

It would be really helpful if you could fill out your aquarium info this will help us figure out what is going on with your fish. To fill it out you click "my settings at the top of the page and a little drop down box will pop up saying "edit aquarium info" Its really helpful to us to know what else is in the tank, how old the tank is, what kind of filter you have, and most important what your ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite readings are.

3. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

How long have you had her? She might just need time to settle in if you've just brought her home.

4. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

If she is new she might just need to get use to her new home

5. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

What type of DG? I assume you refer to Colisa Lalia https://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-DwarfGourami.htm

If you let us know parameters may help

You say 3 DG's, is that 2 female one male, or 1 female 2 males? 1F:2M is a probably a reasonable cause.

What about the betta? Betta's are generally not the best community species, and the stress could be coming from there.

Other tank-mates - are they ok?

I don't want to put you on alert, but you also need to be aware that DG's are subject to Dwarf Gourami Disease - there's no cure unfortunately. (I've lost a DG, and can only assume it was DGD)

6. xARIZ0NAx Member Member

As far as my betta he is great. I saw him at a pet store in a tank with two other bettas. Beat up real bad almost died but i bought him any way. And he is as happy as can be the only problem with him is that i added Red Minor Serpae Tetras in the tank and they were nipping at his fins so i took them out but as far as the dwarf gouramis and the betta the fin both males DG and the betta swim together i have 2 female and one male there all dwarfs the male is more orange then any thing the female is just grey and the other female the one thats not eatting is powder blue