Dwarf Neon Rainbows Nervous Fish?

LunaSky
Ive had many rainbow fish in my years of this hobby, but never the dwarfs.

I’ve had 6 of them for a while. 4 makes, 2 females. They would be out and about but once I get close to the tank they go into hiding. So about two weeks ago I bought 3 more females. And still they hide when I approach.

Is this typical for these fish. They are in my 55 gallon heavily planted tank.

FishFor2018
Ive had many rainbow fish in my years of this hobby, but never the dwarfs.

I’ve had 6 of them for a while. 4 makes, 2 females. They would be out and about but once I get close to the tank they go into hiding. So about two weeks ago I bought 3 more females. And still they hide when I approach.

Is this typical for these fish. They are in my 55 gallon heavily planted tank.
Yes it’s normal but try walking over on,y when you feed them, that may help

Plecodreams
Try putting a reading chair or something you sit in a lot next to their tank and just sitting in it.
They will eventually get used to your presence over the course of a couple weeks or so and will feel more comfortable around you.

LunaSky
Yes it’s normal but try walking over on,y when you feed them, that may help

They do come out when I feed them but unless I look at a distance, like from another room, I don’t get to see them.

LunaSky
Try putting a reading chair or something you sit in a lot next to their tank and just sitting in it.
They will eventually get used to your presence over the course of a couple weeks or so and will feel more comfortable around you.

The tank is in my dining room, so this shouldn’t be too hard.

jhadsell1883
I have Eastern and Boesemani, at times both of them hide but the BoesemanI seem more shy. They come out if you sit still by the tank for a bit but hide for a while after doing water changes.

LunaSky
I have Eastern and Boesemani, at times both of them hide but the BoesemanI seem more shy. They come out if you sit still by the tank for a bit but hide for a while after doing water changes.

I’ve had boesemanis for years, they never hid on me, so with the Australians and reds. That’s why I found weird that the dwarfs were.

86 ssinit

B251D443-0ABC-46EE-AD1D-E9A43D6148D7.jpeg Mine are allways out. Here’s all 9

Bane
My dwarves were always out and as I had 5 x of each sex- constant displaying happens throughout the tank .

DarkOne
I have 9 in my 75 gallon and they're always up front (expecting food, no doubt). They bred and I raised a few fry. I moved 8 of the bigger ones to my 20 gallon long and 1 died overnight but the rest are doing great. Even at 1", they come to the front when I come up to the tank.

I do have a bunch of other fish in my 75 gallon and 20 gallon so that might help.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
Haydeno
Replies
Views
Ewest
Replies
Views