20 Gallon Tank Dwarf neon rainbowfish hardy?

N13

Hello! I am a beginner in the aquarium hobby and I currently have a 20 gallon long that has been running for 5 months. I am thinking of future stocking options for when I rehome the fish I currently have. I came across a fish known as the praecox rainbowfish A.K.A the the Dwarf neon rainbowfish after doing some research I am stuck on the idea of how hardy they are Aquarium co-op says they are super hardy while KeepingFishSimple says they are not for beginners because they are not hardy...

Anybody with experience on these fish have any answers? Can they be kept with Golden Wonder Killifish or would they be better with pygmy cory?

Any answers are appreciated!

AggressiveAquatics

I have no idea about the other person but Co-Op has a very good reputation. And I’m not sure about the compatibility.

Upvote 0

Papasmerf73

I have 4 Praecox, 3 females and 1 male. They are awesome. I've had them a couple of months now. I cycled the tank, then put a couple of platys in for a month, then added the praecox. I just recently added habrosus cories and they are great. Sometimes the Habrosus swim with the praecox. They are very personable, always at the front waiting for food. Not timid when I come close either. I am not sure about killifish but the praecox are with the Habrosus and in a couple of months I'm adding a pair of apistos.

Upvote 0

N13

I have 4 Praecox, 3 females and 1 male. They are awesome. I've had them a couple of months now. I cycled the tank, then put a couple of platys in for a month, then added the praecox. I just recently added habrosus cories and they are great. Sometimes the Habrosus swim with the praecox. They are very personable, always at the front waiting for food. Not timid when I come close either. I am not sure about killifish but the praecox are with the Habrosus and in a couple of months I'm adding a pair of apistos.
Thank you!!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PeaP
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
DesertDweller42