55 Gallon Tank Dwarf Neon Rainbow Fish

jchunter13

Curious if those who have experience with these. I’d love to have them, but not sure if my parameters are tolerable. My ph is high at low 8’s and have seasonal nitrates in my tap water ranging from 10ppm to 40. I am heavily stocked on plants that lower the nitrates after the water changes but never reach 0. This will be a 55 gallon tank run on a sunsun canister filter

FinalFins

They will love a pH of 8 ish and as long as nitrates don't pass 40, you should be fine.

Also if you have them around you, look for a product called A.P.I Nitrazorb, it is supposed to take nitrates out of water.

jchunter13

Awesome. Wanted a tank of schooling shoaling fish that people don’t see often they are peaceful and beautiful. These rainbow fish caught my eye

86 ssinit

10-40ppm nitrate is not a problem. If you are doing weekly water changes you will be fine. Now as to dwarf neon rainbow fish (praecox) I had them about 2 yrs ago. Had 8-10 and all died within a year and a half. I have read hear many who have had the same results. So in my opinion not the best rainbow fish. Try to buy from a local private breeder. Mine were in a tank with bosemanI rainbows which are all still alive and breeding.

saltwater60

Look at furcata rainbows. Awesome fish.

Top Bottom