Dwarf Neon Rainbow Fish And Tank Size/mates.

George1992

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

I was just wondering what opinions people have on Dwarf Neon Rainbows and tank size and tank mates.

I currently have a Fluval Vicenza 180 with 12 rainbows and a pair of Kribs. I've read much conflicting information on tank size for these fish. Some sites would say that my tanks is more than adequate and some would so it's not quite long enough.

Will my rainbows grow to their full potential in this tank with good water changes? They are still not fully grown. It's a planted tank and I probably do about 50% a week.

Also, if my pair of Kribs decided to breed. Could I get away with keeping them in the tank? It's aquascaped with a lot of plants, rocks, wood and caves.

I also have another 190 litre 4ft tank that I am considering moving them to if the Kribs start breeding or I decide this tank is too small.

Thanks.

Tol

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have never bred Kribs but from my understanding they are extremely aggressive during breeding. Regardless of that, the rainbows would likely be quite happy with a longer tank to swim in. They should grow fine in the current tank though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom