Dwarf Neon Disease?

  1. F

    FishayFishay Valued Member Member

    This morning one of my Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish had passed and I don't know why. He hung out at the surface all the time and was breathing pretty hard, not eating anything. His gills seemed kind of puffy. I had him for 2 weeks. I thought it might be gasping from lack of oxygen but I have a 55/75g filter on a 36g tank and there's plenty of splash and bubbles. The other thing could be ammonia poisoning but my ammonia is at 0ppm. Maybe he already had ammonia poisoning from the store tank? Any advice would be appreciated.


    ---FishayFishay
     
  2. T

    Teishokue Well Known Member Member

    low oxygen - gasping for air. should always dose prime, lower temp and add bubblers if this ever should happen. possible things: false test - ammonia, high nitrite, high nitrates, high chemicals.