Dwarf Loach went AWOL

1. Stuart42 Member Member

I have a small group of 5 dwarf chain loaches (Ambastaia sidthimunki). I was at my LFS and saw they only had 2 dwarf chain loaches left and did not know if they were going to get any more. They looked healthy and I had my quarantine tank up and running and ready for new fish so I made the decision to purchase them.

I got them home and started to dip acclimate them. I looked away to watch the fish in the main tank and when I look back there is only one loach swimming in the container. It seem like forever but must have been only a couple of seconds before I found him on the floor (first fish I have kept that jumped out of their container).

At this point I don't know what happen. I picked up the loach and rather then putting him back into his acclimation container or in the quarantine tank I put him into the main 65 gallon tank. He quickly takes off and hooks up with the rest of the loaches. So much for quarantine.

I figure if one is already in there It can't get much worst if i put the other one in when he finishes acclimating.

Here a picture of six of them. The new loaches are quite a bit smaller. The new additions have red dots beside them in the picture. I have also included a picture of number 7. He decided that he was wasn't up to being in the family portrait today.

Attached Files:

2. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I think it is AWOL.

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Beautiful fish!

Hope he'll be ok after his adventure!

4. WolfaraRose Member Member

Had a guppy do that to me the other day. Scared the life outta me.

5. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

6. Stuart42 Member Member

You are right it should be AWOL. How do I change the tile? The edit button will not allow me to change the title.

The little guy who went AWOL is doing fine. All seven of my loaches went nuts and attacked their food when I feed the tank after i got home from work.

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Changed it for ya.

8. Stuart42 Member Member

Thank you Lucy.