55 Gallon Tank Dwarf Gouramis for my community tank

Pinina

In my planted 55g tank currently, I currently have:
I would like to make one more addition to this community: dwarf gouramies. Is it appropriate? And if so, how many I can add? Please know that I have a power filter for 40 to 75 g, a sponge filter and a home made, water bottle, lava and media rock filter. I vacuum (as much as possible with so many plants, curious guppies -which I am always concerned that I will suck one up, and snails -I cannot even destroy the bladder snails but I remove the eggs) once a week, fertilize once a week and do 10 to 25% water changes weekly.

Attachments

• 20210314_174305.jpg
    20210314_174305.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 18

Pfrozen

You probably have enough space for more than one but its never advised to keep more than one dwarf gourami because they get aggressive with each other and tank mates too possibly. You could keep 5-6 honey gouramis no problem as long as they're compatible with your flow and general parameters though

Upvote 0

Pinina

You probably have enough space for more than one but its never advised to keep more than one dwarf gourami because they get aggressive with each other and tank mates too possibly. You could keep 5-6 honey gouramis no problem as long as they're compatible with your flow and general parameters though
Oh thanks. I am new so I never heard of the honey gourami. I will research and see if the local aquarium store have them.

Upvote 0

animalgirl257

I agree. Also dwarf gouramis are more prone to illness and disease than honeys.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Pinina
Replies
Views
veggieshark
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Is my tank over crowded?
Replies