136.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210529_192147183.jpg
    IMG_20210529_192147183.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210529_191413756.jpg
    IMG_20210529_191413756.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 12

GuppyOverlord11

It's the gouramis. Even if it looks like they are getting along great, there have been multiple accounts of gouramis and bettas (gourami realitives) attacking tank mates at night.

Upvote 0

FishOverseer909

Ok so what should I do get rid of the DGs if so which ones the male or females

Upvote 0

GuppyOverlord11

Hm. Not sure about that. I think thats up to you, but wait for another opinion.

Upvote 0

FishOverseer909

Ok well if I can't get another opinion I'll probably just get rid of all 3 and choose something else any suggestions

Upvote 0

FishOverseer909

I have read about them online and it appears that they have a similar temperament to dwarf gouramis so I might just avoid those as well

Upvote 0

GuppyOverlord11

Where did you read that? click on the blue words "honey gourami" in my previous post.

Upvote 0

JettsPapa

I have read about them online and it appears that they have a similar temperament to dwarf gouramis so I might just avoid those as well

You need to check other sources.

Upvote 0

FishOverseer909

I read about them on fishkeepingworld.com and perhaps I should expand on what I said, it says that honey gouramis will bully each other sometimes with out a lot of plants for hiding spaces unfortunately I only have 7 plants and none of them are dense growers

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

I read about them on fishkeepingworld.com and perhaps I should expand on what I said, it says that honey gouramis will bully each other sometimes with out a lot of plants for hiding spaces unfortunately I only have 7 plants and none of them are dense growers
I quite like that article though the picture on the cover isn’t a Honey Gourami but a Thick Lipped Gourami.
I agree with the others about Dwarfs and they really can’t be compared to Honeys who are quite social fish. Some plants should be fine, though I would use it as an excuse to get more plants ;)
Floating plants are a good idea with Gourami.

Upvote 0

FishOverseer909

I quite like that article though the picture on the cover isn’t a Honey Gourami but a Thick Lipped Gourami.
I agree with the others about Dwarfs and they really can’t be compared to Honeys who are quite social fish. Some plants should be fine, though I would use it as an excuse to get more plants ;)
Floating plants are a good idea with Gourami.
Ok what floating plants I've been thinking about water lettuce but maybe there's a better option for HGs

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

Ok what floating plants I've been thinking about water lettuce but maybe there's a better option for HGs
Water lettuce is a good one, to be honest you can’t really go wrong unless the floating plant doesn’t take. My go to for this is floating Hygrophila Polysperma.

Upvote 0

Latest threads

Top Bottom