Dwarf Gourami with loss of scales and gone green

1. s

squirrels New Member Member

Hi i was wandering if any one would know why my Gourami died. A few days before he died he started laying on the gravel against the tank glass at uncomftorble angles. Then once he had died when i got him out of the tanks he had a large circle of scales missing and where the should be it was green. And if this helps the other fish are fine and he was eating before he started laying on the gravel and he wasent getting bullied. Please Help!! thanks :;fr

2. funkman262

funkman262 Well Known Member Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your gourami. The same thing happened to me recently. I believe it's the gourami iridovirus which has been affecting many dwarf gouramis recently. Check out this article for more info to try to verify (scroll down to the bottom):  

3. OP
    OP
    s

thanks ive just got anouther one hope it dosent happen again

4. funkman262

funkman262 Well Known Member Member

I wish you the best of luck with that one. I don't plan on getting another one anytime soon but I have heard that there are other varieties of gourami that stay about the same size but don't get that virus.

5. OP
    OP
    s

im sorry yours died and so far the other seems ok!

6. navarunroy

navarunroy New Member Member

same thing once happened to my gourami .......exact same!!!!!(I ADDED AN ANTI-DISEASE SO HE SURVIVED A FEW FIFTEEN MORE DAYS )....lets see what the more experienced members gotta say....!

7. OP
    OP
    s

Sorry about your Gourami