matija

Valued Member
Reaction score

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's quite a heavily stocked 10 gallon. What are you looking to breed? The gouramis or the guppies?

For breeding the gouramis, you'd need to set up a breeding trio. 1 male and 2 females. Which would be fine for the breeding in the 10 gallon. However, once the breeding has occurred you would need to move the adults to a larger tank, as they will eat the fry.

I'd advise against breeding the guppies in a 10 gallon, as they breed like rabbits and you will very quickly have a very overstocked tank.

Neither of those fish would take earthworms or maggots, they are much too large. Look into live food avaliable from an aquarium shop, not a bait shop.

matija

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok but do dwarf gouramis eat baby guppies

And this is another health problem

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
matija said:
Ok but do dwarf gouramis eat baby guppies
Absolutely. Guppies will eat guppy fry if there aren't a TON of hiding spots.

matija

Valued Member
Reaction score
1524155883460-1129825649.jpg
I have 3 new guppies in 10 gallon and problem is that male and one female sit on the bottom of the tank and one female ont surface on the tank almost 2 hours .is something wrong .

No would gourami eat guppy fry

Attachments

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
matija said:
1524155883460-1129825649.jpg
I have 3 new guppies in 10 gallon and problem is that male and one female sit on the bottom of the tank and one female ont surface on the tank almost 2 hours .is something wrong .
What is you water quality like? Ammonia, nitrate and nitrite? Did you cycle the tank before adding fish?

matija said:
No would gourami eat guppy fry
Yes, gourami's would most definitely eat guppy fry. But if you are breeding guppies, your tank will become overstocked so fast, that you also should not add the gourami's.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would not add the pair and the guppies in the 10, maybe a 30 with dense plants. All guppy fry will be eaten if there is no hiding places, especially in a small tank. Guppies also might even eat the babies as soon as the pop out too

matija

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks

And (silly me ) i just put fish without light in room so maybe they just gone to sleep

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads